I’ve Put Petrol in Diesel Vehicle in Sheffield, What to Do Now?
A lot of us make this mistake of putting petrol in diesel engine, in-fact every four minutes 1 person makes this error. It is an easy mistake to make and once you make this mistake a sudden panic kicks in and you think the engine is ruined and you are going to face a huge bill for the lapse in concentration. Give GMM1 Sheffield a call now to get it fixed in no time and get back on road.
When you fill a diesel vehicle with petrol, there is a serious risk that you will damage your engine. Petrol acts as a solvent with repairs coming up to hundreds or even thousands of pounds if the engine ceases as the contaminated fuel goes through the system. Metal particles from the pump could be deposited in the fuel which risk further damage.
Sheffield Petrol in Diesel Fix Experts
If you have mistakenly put petrol in diesel in Sheffield, don’t panic as GMM1 Sheffield has the right solution for your engine. We cover all Sheffield, all types of vehicles and every make and model. What to do when you realize that you have filled up petrol in diesel engine in Sheffield, if you haven’t started the engine don’t start it. If possible, put your vehicle in neutral and ask for help to shift it to a safe spot. GMM1 Sheffield has expert wrong fuel engineers who drain petrol from your diesel engine at the cheapest online prices.
The best way to get you back on the road is to drain the fuel tank and get the filter cleaned or replaced. Fortunately, all these services are available at GMM1 Sheffield and are done by experts with years of experience in this field. This is the best way to protect your vehicle engine from damage.
However, don’t be harsh on yourself as hundreds of thousands of drivers have done the same, 150,000 a year to be precise, so you are not alone.
Best Solution for Petrol in Diesel in Sheffield
One person every four minutes fills their diesel vehicle with petrol or petrol vehicle with diesel, which can wreak havoc on the interior workings, with repair bills amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds every year. Putting petrol in a diesel engine will cause your engine to cut out and stop working. As diesel doesn’t ignite in the same way that petrol does, the spark plugs which ignite the fuel in your petrol engine will have no effect.
If you’ve put petrol in diesel engine in Sheffield, follow these simple steps to get your engine started.
- If you want to get your diesel vehicle to start again, all the contaminated fuel needs to be flushed from the fuel system and replaced with diesel. Call GMM1 Sheffield now to get petrol drained from diesel by our wrong fuel experts.
- It’s hard to fill a petrol tank with diesel because diesel fuel nozzles are designed to not fit in petrol cars.
- However, it is all too easy to accidentally fill your diesel-fuelled vehicle with petrol.
- Petrol does a lot of damage to your diesel engine as it finishes the lubricant used to keep it ticking over and cause metal components to grate against each other which causes them to crack and decompose.
- This just doesn’t damage the fuel pump and injection systems, it can also destroy the engine completely.